Table of Contents
Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser Review (WP-100):
Brushing is the most basic and necessary task for healthy teeth and gums. However, you need to do more than just brushing to maintain your oral health. Many people do flossing to remove food debris, particles, and plaque from their mouths. The Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser is an easy and effective way to floss your teeth. It removes more plaque and cleans much better than traditional dental flossing.
You can use Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser to floss your teeth with water and keep your teeth and gums always clean because we all know that water can clean better than string or any other object. Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser is a countertop model available in white as well as black colors. You can choose your desired color to buy Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser for flossing your teeth every day.
Brief Review: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser
Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser is one of the best oral irrigators in the market. It can remove up to 99.9 percent of plaque from your teeth. This Waterpik is clinically proven to be far more effective than string flosser. However, it would help if you learned about various jet tips and the technique to use Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser to clean your teeth and gums.
- Six Flosser Tips Included
- 360 Degree Tip Rotation
- Covered Reservoir with Built-in Tip Storage
- Smaller in Size
- Quieter in Noise
- 10 Different Pressure Settings
- Pause Button on Handle
- 90+ Seconds Flossing Capacity
- Made for Use in North America Only
- Compatible with 120 VAC/ 60 Hz Power Supply
- Three Year Warranty
Pros and Cons:
Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser has some pros and cons, which are mentioned below:
- Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser comes with six tips, i.e., 2 Classic Jet Tips, 1 Toothbrush Tip, 1 Orthodontic Tip, 1 Pik Pocket Tip, and 1 Plaque Seeker Tip.
- This water flosser is very effective for teeth with plaque problems; it can remove up to 99.9% plaque from the mouth’s treated areas.
- It is designed to make your gums healthier than ever; it is clinically proven to be up to 50% more effective for improving gum health than string flossing.
- People with braces can get more advantage of this water flosser with the Orthodontic Tip. It provides 3 times more effective cleaning on braces than any string flosser.
- It can remove plaque and debris deep between the teeth and below the gum line where the toothbrush or string flosser cannot reach.
- For people with Implants, Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser is clinically proven to be 2 times more effective than the Plaque Seeker Tip to improve gum health.
- After the flossing session, this water flosser leaves your mouth feeling incredibly fresh and clean.
- It is an ideal water flosser and oral irrigator for people with braces, implants, crowns, bridges, and veneers.
- This water flosser is great for flossing, but it’s bigger in size. Besides, it’s a countertop model, and therefore it requires some space on your bathroom counter.
- Using this water flosser can be messy for the first time; you need to hold your head above the sink to prevent the water from spreading all over the bathroom floor.
- It is a countertop model of a water flosser; you cannot easily carry it everywhere you go. It is not as travel friendly as Waterpik Cordless Water Flosser.
Detailed Review: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser
Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser is a complete flossing kit with all dental tips and accessories. It is a compact size countertop water flosser designed for day-to-day use. You need to make a place for this Waterpik on your bathroom counter and provide a power supply through a 2-pin plug. Only then can you use it to floss your teeth and gums.
What’s In Package: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser
The Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser comes with the following items in its package.
- Water Flosser Itself with Stand
- Built-in Water Reservoir with 650 ml capacity
- Storage for Tips
- 2 Classic Jet Tips
- 1 Pik Pocket Tip
- 1 Orthodontic Tip
- 1 Plaque Seeker Tip
- 1 Toothbrush Tip
- Documents and User Manual
6 Flossing Tips and their Benefits
The Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser offers six flossing tips to allow the user to clean their teeth and gums. Each flossing tip has a specific task, such as clean the teeth, remove plaque, massage gums, and many others. Here we provide the list of all six flossing tips and their uses in your dental health as follows:
2 Classic Jet Tips:
The Classic Jet Tips are designed for general flossing purposes. You can use the classic jet tip to floss your teeth and get 2 times effective results than string flossing.
1 Pik Pocket Tip:
The people with periodontal pockets are required to use Pik Pocket Tip for cleaning their teeth. This tip is specially designed for them; it provides medicament and rinsing deep below the gum line.
1 Orthodontic Tip:
The Orthodontic Tip is specially designed for people with braces. When you use the orthodontic tip to clean your teeth (braces), it provides 3 times better cleaning than traditional flossing.
1 Plaque Seeker Tip:
Everybody wants to remove plaque while flossing the teeth with a water flosser. The Plaque Seeker Tip is made for plaque removal only. With this flossing tip, you can reach all the hard to reach areas of your mouth. The plaque seeker tip can be used by people with bridges, crowns, implants, and veneers.
1 Toothbrush Tip:
Some people like to brush and floss their teeth at the same time. If you are one of those people, you must use the Toothbrush Tip to brush & floss your teeth simultaneously. This flossing tip provides double benefits in one-time use.
So, you can use all the above flossing tips one by one to clean your teeth and remove unwanted food particles from your mouth. When you floss your mouth with the right tip, you will definitely get the best cleaning results every time.
What’s Best in Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser?
We have used the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser for one month. At the end of the using period, we realized that this Waterpik product has many attractions for the user. Here we provide everything great with the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser as follows:
Easy and Effective Way to Floss:
The Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser is an easy and more effective way to floss your teeth. It is a perfect water flosser cum oral irrigator for people with braces, implants, crowns, bridges, and periodontal pockets. You should do just one minute of flossing every day, and it will remove up to 99.9% of plaque from treated areas and gently massage the gums to improve your oral health.
10 Water Pressure Settings:
Every person has a different priority for flossing the teeth. Some people like gentle pressure, while others prefer intense pressure for deep cleaning. That’s why the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser offers 10 different water pressure settings. It allows you to personalize the pressure settings from 10 PSI to 90 PSI, whichever is comfortable for you.
Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser can deliver up to 1400 pulses per minute to keep your gums healthy. It cleans deep between teeth, below the gum line, and also massages & stimulates the gums. Clinical Studies have shown that you will get healthier gums in just 14 days of regular use of the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser.
360 Degree Tip (Nozzle) Rotation:
Brushing and flossing are two important tasks to maintain your dental health. It would be best if you reached the deep areas of your mouth to floss and clean properly. The Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser has a nozzle that rotates all sides 360 degrees. It is helpful for you to reach each & every area of your mouth to get the best flossing experience and improve your gum health.
Pause Button on Handle:
When you floss your teeth for the first time, you cannot floss them continuously for 90 seconds. You may need one or two breaks to change or adjust the nozzle angle. Therefore Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser provides a ‘Pause’ button on its handle. So you can pause the flossing process at any time by just a simple push of the button given on the handle and resume it when you are ready to floss again.
The Waterpik brand has improved its design with the Ultra Water Flosser model. It contains a high volume, a covered reservoir with an in-lid tip storage compartment. The Ultra Water Flosser is smaller in size and quieter than the earlier Waterpik Water Flosser models. It has an ergonomic handle design that is comfortable to hold for the user.
Large Water Reservoir:
The Water Reservoir is the first and most important detail to check in any water flosser. Because the water flosser can floss for a long time only if it has a large capacity reservoir. The Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser comes with a large 650 ml reservoir. This reservoir stores the water, which can continuously floss your teeth for up to 90 seconds.
Storage for Tips:
At the top of the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser, there is a lid (cover) that you can open with your hands. As you open the lid, you will find a storage compartment for flossing tips. So you don’t risk losing the tips as you can store them in the water flosser’s storage compartment.
Clinically Proven Water Flosser:
The Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser is clinically proven to be up to 50% more effective than traditional dental floss and up to 80% more effective than Sonicare Air Floss for improving gum health. The Waterpik is the only brand with clinical proof of being more effective in plaque removal and gum health improvement.
ADA Seal of Acceptance:
To increase the credibility, Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser has obtained a ‘Seal of Acceptance’ from the American Dental Association. Not all water flosser brands have such certification. Waterpik is one of the most reliable brands globally, which has an ADA Seal of Acceptance.
How to Use Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser
You may think that using a water flosser is as simple as using a toothbrush. Well, it is not true for first-time users. Whether you are a first time user or a regular user, you should check our step by step procedure about how to use Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser as follows:
- First of all, you need to decide which kind of flossing you want to perform on your teeth. This will help you choose the correct flossing tip.
- Fill the Reservoir with regular water or lukewarm water, whichever you prefer or as recommended by your dentist.
- Find your desired flossing tip from six available tips and attach the same with the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser.
- Set the water pressure settings at your desired pressure level ranging from 10 PSI to 90 PSI. You can also adjust the pressure level later, but it’s recommended to do it before starting the water flossing.
- Lean over the sink so that the water can fall into the sink and will not spread all over to create a mess in your bathroom.
- Place the Flosser Tip into your mouth and make sure your mouth is a bit open and not wide open. It will help you to get a proper flossing experience.
- Push the Power button to start the water flow into your mouth.
- The Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser will spray water continuously for 90 seconds. So it would be best if you moved the tip (nozzle) inside your mouth to clean all teeth and the gum line.
- Push the Power button again to complete the flossing session to turn off the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser.
In this way, you can floss your teeth with lukewarm water and maintain your oral health.
Important Tips for First Time Users:
First Time Users should take care of several things at the time of flossing their teeth. Here we provide all-important tips for first-time users as under:
- Read the User Manual and Instructions carefully before you start flossing your teeth with Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser.
- You can also watch some tutorial videos to learn how to use Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser to clean your teeth with different flossing tips.
- Set the Water Pressure Settings at the lowest level; it will give gentle flossing and won’t damage your teeth or gums. After several uses, you will learn the use and need for pressure level in the flossing task.
- Use the Classic Jet Tip for general flossing the first time; you can use other flossing tips as soon as you learn the proper flossing technique.
- Consult your dentist before flossing your teeth if you have braces, crowns, bridges, implants, or veneers in your mouth. You should consult a dentist before flossing also when you have an injury inside your mouth.
All the information mentioned above about the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser Review is true and fair. The features, pros, and cons of this Waterpik are taken from the manufacturer or seller’s official advertisement. If you have more queries regarding the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser, you should go to the Official Amazon Website at www.amazon.com/waterpik.
I’m a General Dental Practitioner from Belgium living in the USA. I work Biotech Dental with my 20+ years of experience working in the dental industry and dealing with 1000’s patients, I hope to inform you and help you with my knowledge and the importance of dental hygiene.